…and it was a surprise to us!
Then with all the hoopla going on, jn14 updated Halieus Media due to very bad load time for the front page. At one point a temporary “Home” page was posted with links to accommodate those l00king for specific information.Then…
H.R.1865 – Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017
passed the Senate 97-2; the dissenters being Wyden (D-OR), Nay and Paul (R-KY), Nay. This bill is on it’s way to the President for review.
While we are on the Hill there was the budget, now the Omnibus Bill
Man did this stir up a hornet’s nest! jn14 was dismayed to see allies attacking each other over opinions regarding this bill. 2,000+ pages voted on virtually overnight. Halieus Media would like to again thank and give a #hattip to our ally @ScottAnthonyUSA who took the dogs for a walk and gave the rest of us an overview of most of the Omnibus bill. Then later over the weekend he did a masterful tweetroll of his analysis. If there is an archive, we will get Scott’s links.
Clearly this is in no particular order
as we have actually covered some of this in posts last week. (click on the links in the calendar)
The kids marching…again
jn14 is a parent; almost nothing triggers the heebie-jeebies more than the thought that the kids are in danger. However, this author is of the opinion random angry teenagers are not as great a problem as the adults influencing them. In the case of the (spontaneously planned) March 14th so-called “walk-out” for 17 minutes to honor those killed in Parkland Florida; it is the adults I call to account. Here is all their propaganda for March 14, 2018. (a Wednesday) #NationalSchoolWalkout
But wait, that was two weeks ago.
- Yep, here is the propaganda for March 24, 2018. (a Saturday) #MarchForOurLives
- And April 20, 2018. (a Friday) #NationalSchoolWalkout
Noticing a pattern here? Three events in two-ish months and only one is on a weekend. So? Did these women “guiding” the school age protestors take in to consideration they are hitting teachers in the wallet? Probably not, But if that is not enough, here is a whole host of planned activities featuring the #guncontrol agenda. Last but not least, let’s give the poster-kids some props.
- No Emma Gonzalez did not rip up the Constitution, which gives her the right to rip up the Constitution. The picture of Ms. Gonzalez in a black short-sleeved turtle-neck with a red background is from a magazine article. The Constitution was digitally overlaid on the magazine image. (and not very well, either)
- Yes that was @KyleKashuv on Face the Nation, Sunday.
- Yes @thecjpearson has some thoughtful, spot on comments on what his peers have gone through and are doing.
- Yes Soros allegedly paid for this one, as well.
- Additional tidbit updated March 27, 2018 – Mashable.com: The lagest protests in American history are happening now. Expect them to get bigger.
And finally, Attorney Joe diGenova slated to join Jay Sekulow on the Trump legal team is out.
Trump attorney Jay Sekulow said in a statement that Washington lawyers Joseph diGenova and Victoria Toensing have conflicts that won’t allow them to represent the president regarding special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Sekulow had announced diGenova’s appointment last week.
Jay Sekulow has 35 years of experience as an attorney. He has presented before the Supreme Court and won; if he says a conflict exists, it exists.
That’s it for last week’s wrap-up. We hope the new design serves you well. Your comments, questions and concerns are welcome in the box below. We have updated our comments policy.