Halieus Media has designated this post not safe for work. We chose this due to the subject. No graphic content is displayed in this article. We wanted to give you a heads up in case viewing this material presents a problem at work. We have not designated it #NC17 because there is no graphic content. We leave it up to you to determine at what age this material is appropriate for family discussion.
On May 29, 2018 an ad hoc group calling themselves “Veterans on Patrol – Alpha Team Pulaski” reported via their FB page they had found a “child trafficking camp.” The Tuscon Police were called to the scene and arrived within 5 minutes. The location is on the I-19 corridor with the city clearly visible just to the west of the location.
Craig “the Sawman” Sawyer was also called to come out, assess the area and give his opinion by “Lewis Arthur”, the instigator of this whole action. Let us listen to Craig Sawyer’s evaluation from a few days after his visit to this location published June 8, 2018:
In the resource section we have provided links to two charity watch associations who list various charitable efforts. These organizations aggrigate public information for your convenience, their reports include:
- IRS tax status (501-,b,c,d…1-23)
- where the charity is physically located,
- what type form they are required to report on,
- if they are classified as a sub-group of another organization
- gross income and expenses in many cases
- the last return in some cases and
- most importantly: their EIN number or Employer Identification Number. This number is the unique identifier for filing taxes; businesses have one and so do individuals – your Social Security number.
Reputable businesses and organizations publish this information as in the case of Veterans 4(for) Child Rescue. Halieus Media used them as an example of what you should expect a reputable charity to divulge publicly to establish their bona fides.
Halieus Media also ran the same type of searches on “Veterans on Patrol Alpha Team Pulaski” or VOP. We ran the search on the IRS website using their master file search function. No information is listed for either title. No application files, no sub-group listing under a church, mission or other 501 tax status, not even a rejection letter status. In the case of Veterans 4 Child Rescue, their 501(c)3 status was awarded last fall (2017). I takes some months to receive a determination however; the application listing occurs relatively quickly into the IRS database.
Halieus Media then ran the same searches in the two cited charity watch organizations’ websites; again no results whatsoever for Veterans on Patrol, et all.
Time to ask some hard questions:
- Who and what legally sanctioned, registered IRS tax status entities are responsible for the thousands of dollars in cash cards, gas cards and truckloads of gifts-in-kind being shipped to Tuscon Arizona on behalf of the group known as “Veterans on Patrol Alpha Team Pulaski” or VOP?
- Who is involved in the VOP group?
- Who is “Lewis Arthur” or Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer?
- Is the person known as Lewis Arthur a veteran?
- On what date(s) did anyone legally responsible, file the appropriate paperwork with the State of Arizona to use the term “Veteran or Veterans” in their organization’s legal name. It is a requirement.
- When did the legally responsible individual or organization file the application for IRS tax exempt status in order to receive donations on behalf of VOP?
- Why is Lewis Arthur hiding information in a private FB account, unavailable to the public which alleges evidence of these so-called “child trafficking” camps, bones, a bloody knife and other evidence of illegal activity, if his organization is legitimate, legally registered in the appropriate places and soliciting donations from the public?
- Why is Lewis Arthur telling all members of the press the following; If you want me to talk to you for the purposes of reporting to the public, you can come down here to our “base camp”, volunteer for a week (7-days) with us and then I will talk to you.[pp]?
- How does Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer explain his past criminal activity?
- Why does Lewis Arthur say all monies and donations are to be handled by himself and his wife, exclusively?
- Are either Lewis Arthur or his wife, trained bookkeepers, Certified Public Accountants, Business Administrators or specialists in Non-profit management?
- Who is doing inventory management and documentation for Veterans on Patrol or VOP for the purposes of IRS documentation, logistics and distribution?
Have YOU donated to or are you anticipating donating to Veterans on Patrol Alpha Team Pulaski or VOP? Do you expect a tax write off?
You will not get one without full disclosure. We invite any and all parties involved with Veterans on Patrol, missions, churches, accountants or attorneys for same to answer these questions above. With documented, date stamped paperwork.
With information and so-called evidence being held behind a private FB account, there is not transparency, disclosure or justification for the actions of individuals associating themselves with VOP. The information being published, primarily in video format by persons on YouTube who’s association or status relative to VOP, is not verifiable by any independent means.
As of today, Sunday June 10, 2018; Craig Sawyer, Veterans 4 Child Rescue and Tuscon law enforcement have done a thorough job with regard to the first so-called “trafficking camp” found. The conclusion by the above is; there is no evidence of child or human trafficking. Craig Sawyer and law enforcement reputations have taken a beating since May 30, 2018 however; they have vindicated themselves by reporting facts, publicly. In the case of law enforcement agencies involved, nine reports have been published.
In Craig Sawyer’s case, as unfortunate, frustrating and time consuming as it was to investigate, speak with law enforcement and then combat the public’s legitimate questions regarding his personal and professional reputation; in the end it may have been worth every minute. Craig Sawyer and the legal entity known as Veterans 4(for) Child Rescue has been open, transparent, thorough and honest. His credibility survives untarnished by the critically thinking, concerned public.
In the case of VOP, Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer, his wife, the volunteers under his alleged command, the churches, missions or charitable organizations sponsoring, sheltering or assisting; the picture grows more confusing and doubtful by the day.
Why all the secrecy if this is a legitimate effort worthy of public support and generosity? Why has the story of the mission of VOP changed from looking for homeless Veterans to assist them and get them whatever help they need to hunting alleged “child and human traffickers” in the Arizona desert? Why is Lewis Arthur not publishing his own livestreams or uploading his own videos? When does Lewis Arthur have time to perform the administrative duties of a charitable organization if he is “out in the field”?
More questions than answers. Halieus Media like UNIRock, Nathan Stoltman of Lift the Veil, Joe from the Carolignas and Scott Anthony to name just a few, will continue to ask these questions of Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer, his wife and all associated parties just like these questions were asked regarding Craig Sawyer. Just as an aside, most of us already knew Craig Sawyer is legitimate.
It remains to be seen if Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer, wife and associated parties are legitimate or if this another LARP planned potentially as far back as two years ago after being kicked out of the supporters of the Bundy Ranch groups. Yes, he stirred it up there as well.
And one last thing; who is pushing out the tidbits in the form of a hashtagged tweetstorm you might wonder – ? The associates of the #Qanon phenomena…
Update: During the final editing, spell checking and whatnot, the following was sent to Halieus Media:
Lewis Arthur rebuttal: Craig Sawyer
- Vets 4 Child Rescue – Craig Sawman Sawyer vets4childrescue.org
“We cannot thank you all enough for your generosity!
Our 501(c)(3) status has been finalized! As of October 2017, Vets 4 Child Rescue was approved as a federally recognized non-profit organization, eligible for federal tax exemptions. Donations are now tax deductible.V4CR EIN: 82-1243908″
- Veterans On Patrol Alpha Team Pulaski – VOP – public figure on Facebook, message to the public Sunday June 10, 2018
- Charity Navigator – the very thorough site Halieus Media uses for research
- Guidstar.org – a secondary site we used to fact check however; most of the detailed information is behind a subscription paywall.
- The Arizona State Charity Database on Nonprofitlist.org
- UNIRock on twitter |UNIRock – YT |UNIRock 2 – YT| UNIRocktv – twich |
- Lift the Veil – Nathan Stoltman on twitter | Lift the Veil – YT |
- Scott Anthony on twitter | Scott Anthony: Flash News Net – YT |
- Joe from the Carolinas – YT |